Now I am a Mom and I understand how a mother can do anything so quickly. The love for your children can help you do anything for them. I know this blog is not about being emotional but sometimes it is okay to be emotional. Well the actual thing why I am missing my mom is holidays are over and it’s working time again. For this I have to wake up early and have to prepare all the food and have to rush to get my children ready for their school. I miss it when she used to cook for us, used to pack our lunch boxes and that too with a smile on her face every time. Then comes the turn of my husband, again I have to prepare breakfast for him and have to give him his lunch for his office. Ahh!! A bit tiring sometimes but it is okay if I am doing it for my family.
One day when I was reading a post for easy and quick Middle Eastern recipes I founded Middle Eastern Nachos. They are healthy and delicious and take only 30 minutes for preparation. I always try to find out things that can be prepared easily and in less time so that I should serve healthy and tasty food in the morning to my kids and my husband. See how I prepared Nachos easily and quickly.
- Ground lamb - 3/4 pounds
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3-4 whole wheat pitas
- Prepared spicy hummus - 1 cup
- Crumbled feta Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Flat leaves of parsley - 1/4 cup
- Take a small pan and keep it at moderate heating.
- Cook the lamb until it gets brown and cook for 7-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper to it.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked lamb into a small bowl.
- With the help of fat, brush out the pita bread. Now cut this pita bread into 8 wedges and place on a sheet pan. Bake it until it gets golden.
- In a shallow baking dish, layer half of the pita wedges. Place half lamb, half hummus and half feta.
- Prepare one more layer in the similar order. Bake nachos in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Take it out from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley.
This is actually a mind blowing and healthy dish. You will definitely love it. Try it at your home. At once it might take a bit more time but when you get habitual you can prepare things easily in very short time.